The Red River College Library strives to create and maintain strong partnerships with departments and programs. From collection development to Internet instruction, Media Services, and open access computing, the Library aims to achieve a dynamic learning environment by integrating library services into programs and courses.
The Library houses a rich collection of text and media resources and provides access to an expanding number of full-text data bases of journal articles and other online resources including videos for streaming to the classroom. The Library provides a safe and welcoming space for individual study and small group work with in-person support at the reference and help desks. Library Services provides and promotes relevant information, materials, equipment, and services to all members of the Red River College community, wherever they may be.
Through the Library’s Collection Development team, College staff have a personal library contact who will provide course or program specific assistance. A list of current Library staff in that group together with their assigned subject areas may be found on our Website. The Library will also work with instructors to incorporate information literacy skills into the curriculum either through personal instruction or through self-guided modules available through the Web.
Library Web Site
- The Library maintains a full service web site at: library.rrc.ca
- help you discover and retrieve information in all formats from print to digital to video
- provide research support for faculty
- provide consultation on copyright and intellectual property issues
- deliver information literacy instruction, including research skills for faculty and students
- create guides and handbooks specific to Red River College
- maintain the Anytime/Anywhere Instructor Resource (AIR) site at http://air.rrc.ca , the CONNECT suite of course and program sites at http://connect.rrc.ca , and the digital asset repository called SCORE at http://lor.rrc.mb.ca
- provide conference and event support for on-site college events – equipment and setup
We can help you
- Media Services: Looking for a DVD Player, camcorder, visual presenter or even a flipchart to display your course material? The Library circulates a variety of media equipment such as TVs, VCRs, DVD players, data video projectors, and visual presenters, for course-related purposes. Other equipment, e.g. cameras and audio recorders, are also available. Booking ahead is advisable.
- Interlibrary Loans: Need a specific publication that we don’t have? Ask us to see if it is available from another library. No problem, give us a call!
- Reserve Readings: Want all your students to have access to limited print material from the Library? Select the items and choose the appropriate loan period by the hour or by the day.
- Reference Desk: No question too big or too small. Please Interrupt us!
- Help Desks: Have a technical question? Problems with printing? Need to set up wireless access on your own device? Our knowledgeable help desk staff can help. Just ask!
- Off Campus / Distance Delivery Services: Free delivery of library materials and a toll-free telephone reference/request service are available to Distance Education students and staff and to students and staff at regional and other RRC campuses.
You can help us
Want a partnership with the Library? Here’s how to begin:
- Meet with your library contact person
- Ask your contact to identify course-related resources, including media and Internet resources
- Develop a course assignment requiring students to find, use, and evaluate information found in one or several resources available in or through the Library.
- Bring your class into the Library for instruction in accessing Library services and resources or ask us to come to your class.
For detailed information on the Library’s resources and services, plus up-to-date information on hours of operation and ways to contact us, please visit our web pages at http://library.rrc.ca .
At Notre Dame Campus contact:
- Reference/Information Desk – 204-632-2233
- Media Services – 204-632-2231
At Exchange District Campus contact:
- Reference/Information Desk – 204-949-8371
- Media Services – 204-949-8370